[blfs-support] Xorg-7.7 Does not Detect Input Devices on 64-bit Build

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 3 14:12:14 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 04:52:35PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> ĸen,
>
> Sometimes I have some libtool complaints. Fox example, dozens of the kind:
>
> libtool: relink: warning:
> `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.1/../../../libcairo.la' seems to be
> moved
>
> I gave up removing the .la, after some problems that had to solve
> individually.
>
> But my points  (or questions) are: (1) never understood the reason and
> (2) after your comment about /lib64, I remembered that I had these in 1686.

 I build i686 very rarely, and obviously I don't read the logs.  The
symlink seemed a plausible reason why I was seeing these messages on
x86_64, but now I'll have to mark it as "I don't know why these
messages occur, they're annoying but not worth caring about." 8-()
Thanks for the comment.

 Actually, I only really notice these messages when I'm building
something by hand.

ĸen