[blfs-support] Xorg-7.7 Does not Detect Input Devices on 64-bit Build

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Nov 3 11:52:35 PST 2013

Em 03-11-2013 12:54, Ken Moffat escreveu:

>  As long as /lib64 is a symlink to /lib, everything just works.  It
> isn't strictly 'pure' (libtool complains that files seem to be
> moved, which I'm sure is because of the symlink) but it works
> well-enough and allows for the occasional stupid package which
> insists on installing to lib64 for x86_64 [ I noticed a couple when
> I was doing DESTDIR installs for the test compiles ].

> ĸen

ĸen,

Sometimes I have some libtool complaints. Fox example, dozens of the kind:

libtool: relink: warning:
`/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.1/../../../libcairo.la' seems to be
moved

I gave up removing the .la, after some problems that had to solve
individually.

But my points  (or questions) are: (1) never understood the reason and
(2) after your comment about /lib64, I remembered that I had these in 1686.

--
[]s,
Fernando