[blfs-support] Process accounting

Thomas Trepl thomas at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 3 09:07:06 PST 2013

Am Sonntag, 3. November 2013, 16:30:32 schrieb Richard Melville:
> Still on the subject of server hardening I was looking for
> acct-6.6.1.tar.gz <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/acct/acct-6.6.1.tar.gz> in the
> BLFS book and couldn't find it. Is there any reason why this is omitted;
> has process accounting been superseded by something else?
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

it's probably because noone has seen the need to add it to the book. I think
the editors will add that to the book if it could be somehow proven that there
are some who will maintan the page in the future, too.

An alternative to add a page to the book is to write a wiki page. That may be
the first step.

--
Thomas