[blfs-support] samba4 question

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Nov 1 08:27:53 PDT 2013

On Friday 01 November 2013 11:35:48 lux-integ wrote:
> came across this:-
 http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend

as per the wikii
 it appears that a modern machine with modern versions of kerberos, ldap,
cyrus-sasl, ntp, bind et al, all working nicely together is
with samba4  renderded redundant by the microsoftite-upside-down-ways-of doing
things.

nfs4.2 is out and works well with all the programs mentioned above.  It is
faster and more secure than windows-centric samba and there is excelent kernel
support.  I have an application where the enduser insists on using windows
client.   What is needed is a reliable opensorce windows nfs4 client to
popularise nfs.  The closest I have seen is this
( http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/windows/readme.html )

with  this url for download
git clone git://citi.umich.edu/projects/ms-nfs41-client.git

but it does not seem to be  working
I would ne grateful if some-one could try it out  and report results  or
better still  if  anyone  has or can get  a copy of the stuff downloaded
please let me have a coopy.

thanks in advance.

sincerely
luxInteg