[blfs-support] pppd / rp-pppoe and such

Thomas Trepl thomas at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 1 04:46:04 PDT 2013

Hi all,

call me dump but I'm struggeling in setup ADSL for my new LFS. Long time ago,
we're using the pppd and rp-pppoe packages to do so but none of them remains
in then book. Maybe i'm blind but i cannot find anything about setting up
pppoe.
I found a mailing list entry of Alexander somewhere in 2007 that rp-pppoe
isn't required anylonger and he pointed to
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/PPP but this wiki also refers to
pppd in the PPPoE section but the ppp-2.4.5 package isn't in the book too.

So, can you give me a hint how is the BLFS way to setup ADSL-connections? Arch
is still using rp-pppoe (or at least pppd) - whats wrong with it that we not
have it in BLFS?

--
Thomas