[blfs-support] qemu + vinagre

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Wed Nov 28 16:42:55 PST 2012

Am 28.11.2012 23:31, schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> I don't experiment a lot with different distros any more, but setting a
> static ip should not be hard.  Even if dhcp is used, then the ip address
> shouldn't change unless there is a reboot.

yes.

but as the system should be in the cellar without any monitor or
keyboard - the system is far from low-noise ;), i really have more than
just a minor problem.

but i can live with pragmatic approches... my grub problem is still
waiting to be solved. i guess stepping thru the script and doing the
needed command manually should solve it. but after 2 weeks being
frustrated, i needed at least another 2 weeks to calm down ;)

i guess i'll install the qemu-server beside my desktop until i can solve
the vnc problem. but first i'll do some more digging... i just installed
xubuntu with qemu and vinagre. and it works as expected. it's obvious i
do something wrong.

thanks for your input
tobias