[blfs-support] gtk+2 in the book : Makefiles renders as MakefileS for me.
bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:19:27 PST 2012
Ken Moffat wrote:
> I was originally going to post this to -dev, but since I don't have
> a clue what is wrong I guess -support might get more response.
> I'm updating some of my scripts, and I got to gtk+-2. I see that
> we still run the seds because of the bugs in the Makefiles, but in
> firefox-17.0, at least on *this* machine (running ff-17.0), the
> explanation renders as 'MakefileS' for both occurrences (in my local
> copy and the online version). So, I went to correct that, but the
> xml correctly says:
> This <command>sed</command> fixes the
> Weirdly, when I *paste* from firefox to show how I can read it, the
> pasted text is correct:
> If you have DocBook-utils-0.6.14 installed (specifically, if
> configure finds db2html) then it will try to use it to rebuild some
> of its HTML documentation and fail due to bugs in some of the
> Makefiles. This sed fixes the Makefiles.
That's weird. I am using seamonkey-2.10.1 and do not have the problem.
I suspect that it is a LANG problem, but I don't use any LANG setting.
Take a look at the html code. I have <code
class="filename">Makefile</code>s in two places.
The css could be an issue because 'code' asks for 'font-family: monospace;'
> Anyone else see anything like this anywhere ? I'm guessing it
> might be a problem in fontconfig or cairo (and yes, I know system
> cairo is not supported by the firefox devs). If it's just my
> machines (or my eyes deciding to play weird) I can live with it.
> I'm running cairo-1.12.2 with the patch, and fontconfig-2.10.1,
> also LibreOffice-core-184.108.40.206. I mention that because fontconfig
> complains on stderr when I run writer -
I am running cairo-1.12.2, fontconfig-2.9.0, libreoffice-core-220.127.116.11.
> Fontconfig warning:
> "/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/fonts/truetype/fc_local.conf", line 13:
> Having multiple <family> in <alias> isn't supported and may not
> works as expected
When I run writer from the command line, it comes up and when I exit,
there is no output to terminal so that's normal. I do have the multiple
<family> entries in the fc_local.conf file, but that seems to be ignored
with the older fontconfig.
More information about the blfs-support