[blfs-support] gtk+2 in the book : Makefiles renders as MakefileS for me.

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 28 14:49:42 PST 2012

 I was originally going to post this to -dev, but since I don't have
a clue what is wrong I guess -support might get more response.

 I'm updating some of my scripts, and I got to gtk+-2.  I see that
we still run the seds because of the bugs in the Makefiles, but in
firefox-17.0, at least on *this* machine (running ff-17.0), the
explanation renders as 'MakefileS' for both occurrences (in my local
copy and the online version).  So, I went to correct that, but the
xml correctly says:

      This <command>sed</command> fixes the
      <filename>Makefile</filename>s.

 Weirdly, when I *paste* from firefox to show how I can read it, the
pasted text is correct:

If you have DocBook-utils-0.6.14 installed (specifically, if
configure finds db2html) then it will try to use it to rebuild some
of its HTML documentation and fail due to bugs in some of the
Makefiles. This sed fixes the Makefiles.

 Anyone else see anything like this anywhere ?  I'm guessing it
might be a problem in fontconfig or cairo (and yes, I know system
cairo is not supported by the firefox devs).  If it's just my
machines (or my eyes deciding to play weird) I can live with it.

 I'm running cairo-1.12.2 with the patch, and fontconfig-2.10.1,
also LibreOffice-core-3.6.3.2.  I mention that because fontconfig
complains on stderr when I run writer -

Fontconfig warning:
"/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/fonts/truetype/fc_local.conf", line 13:
Having multiple <family> in <alias> isn't supported and may not
works as expected

ĸen