[blfs-support] Bluefish-2.2.3 GSetting schema (?) problem

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Tue Nov 27 07:58:42 PST 2012

On 11/27/2012 09:37 AM, Kenno Han wrote:
> I have bluefish in my system, it seems to run perfectly until I actually
> use it.
> When I am trying to save a document, it closes itself (without saving).
> Then I look into the X log and found this error message everytime that
> happens:
> Glib-GIO-ERROR **: No GSettings schemas are installed on the system
>
> Anyone got an idea?

That is pretty interesting. Bluefish by itself does not use or install
glib schema files. I wonder why are you getting that. My first doubt is
that newer GTK+ needs GSettings for remembering last dir used or such.
You can try installing gsettings-desktop-schemas since it provides
various schemas for gnome desktop (and possibly GTK+3 if that's the case).