[blfs-support] MATE: a GNOME 2 fork

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Nov 25 14:18:24 PST 2012

--- Em dom, 25/11/12, Aleksandar Kuktin escreveu:

> De: Aleksandar Kuktin
> Assunto: [blfs-support] MATE: a GNOME 2 fork
> Para: "BLFS Support List"
> Data: Domingo, 25 de Novembro de 2012, 18:00
> I just found this and thought you
> people might be interested.
>
> http://mate-desktop.org/
>
> MATE is a fork of GNOME 2 desktop, forked about a year ago.
> It is the
> default desktop in Linux Mint 14.

Mint has several defaults. They even used to have an LXDE version, which
I liked. But the most well-known are Cinnamon and the MATE you have
cited. In version 13, I had some problem with the panel in MATE,
Cinnamon worked better.

I do not use. Just install to see how it looks and feel. Have to do with
the new version.

[]s,
Fernando