[blfs-support] libtheora-1.1.1

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Nov 25 13:08:28 PST 2012

On 11/25/2012 09:51 PM, spiky wrote:
> Sorry about this
> Just installing libtheora
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/multimedia/libtheora.html
>
> You have ./configure --prefix=/usr && make
>
> Command explanations
> |--disable-static|: This switch prevents building static libraries.
> Should this be in the configure command or have you left it out on purpose?

You can notice that many packages have left out commands that are in
command explanations. Sometimes we just want to point users to something
important like "use x if you haven't installed y" or "use x if you have
installed y" or we just provide just general information like the text
you pointed to. It is up to user to decide. We just mention it.

.oO(We tend to disable static libs in most packages, why hasn't anyone
disabled this one by default)