[blfs-support] browsers (was Re: Latest news in GNOME world)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 22 09:41:11 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 07:28:58AM -0500, LM wrote:
>   Arora's already been mentioned on
> this list and it seems nice.  Latest development I could find on it
> was at ( https://github.com/mariuz/fram ).  Would be interested to
> hear if anyone finds other Qt options or other browser options that
> would work well on older or embedded systems.

 I'm trying the released version of arora at the moment :
http://code.google.com/p/arora/ - looks as if not very much has
happened since the 0.11.0 release two years ago, but thanks for the
pointer to github.

 I had to rebuild qt (4.8.2) because I've only been using qt for vlc,
and used to have -no-webkit -no-javascript-jit).  I assume that sound
isn't working for me [ -no-phonon in qt ], and youtube certainly
isn't, but it seems adequate for my second desktop browser!

qmake PREFIX=/usr ; make ; make [ INSTALL_ROOT=/somewhere ] install

ĸen