[blfs-support] browsers (was Re: Latest news in GNOME world)

LM lmemsm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:28:58 PST 2012

If anyone's interested in some Qt based browser options, thought I'd
mention the one's I've been able to find.  Qupzilla (
http://www.qupzilla.com/ ) seems to have the most active development
at this point.  Wasn't impressed with cross-platform support when I
tried it though.  There's also webrender (
http://code.google.com/p/webrender/ ) and lightweight2 (
http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Lightweight2?content=139266 ) and
qtweb ( http://www.qtweb.net/ ).  Arora's already been mentioned on
this list and it seems nice.  Latest development I could find on it
was at ( https://github.com/mariuz/fram ).  Would be interested to
hear if anyone finds other Qt options or other browser options that
would work well on older or embedded systems.

Also, in case anyone's curious, here are my patches to lynx and D+ to
use them as replacements for tools such as dialog, gtkdialog, zenity,
yad, etc.:
http://www.distasis.com/cpp/lmbld.htm#lmbldui
I basically wanted something like IE's hypertext applications (htas),
but something that would be cross-platform portable.  This lets me
create simple user interfaces in HTML and CSS and use them with
scripting languages like bash or server side JavaScript or as part of
a front end to a C/C++ application.  Still trying to decide which
server side Javascript implementation to go with for some of my script
projects.  Have been looking at teajs, phantomjs and gpsee so far.