[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

James Pinto james.pinto at phoenixfusion.in
Sun Nov 18 00:18:28 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 23:26 +0100, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
> > I think the best thing Mozilla foundation can do, regarding the
> > software is to stop developing it and just maintain it. But this will
> > never happen because all those programmers, social experts, managers
> > and what not have to eat something. An impasse of sorts.
>
> Not only that - they'd be foolish to do that, because the standards
> continue to evolve. There's a lot of cool stuff in HTML5 that's
> currently supported *only* by Chrome (a lot of the input constraint
> stuff, for example). If they stopped developing Firefox, they'd very
> quickly cease to be relevant...
>
> Simon.
>
> --

Not only that web developers me for one and many that I know love firefox
because its so good for development with tools like firebug and theyre so
easily customizable.

These save a lot of time and  are really helpful.
Plus these tools ensure that website are error free and up to the latest
web standards.

I agree that these tools PageSpeed(also by google) work on the webkit
browser Chrome but the developer tools are just not that developer
friendly or lack smoothness ease polish or ease of use.

I agree Google Chrome is fast super light and great for surfing but firefox
is great for development.

I myself prefer chrome for browsing and firefox for development.

And yes the the cool chrome experiments and latest HTML 5 advancements work
on Chrome.

To be fair I instal both of them whether on windows or linux.

I think both are good browsers for different reasons, I guess its tough to
get best of both worlds from a browsers there has to be a tradeoff.

Either a browser is fast lightweight or it is highly customizable user
friendly and developer friendly and supports loads of features...

I think all browsers start out small with minimum features fast and
lightweight and then start to grow in size....

Even Chrome is getting bigger and heavier though its still faster than
firefox

Maybe if chrome had some more developer friendly tools...

And besides chrome has its own fair share of bugs too.

Its better to get basics right before packing more and more features.

I remember many times having this problem downloading files from the
internett and they are saved by chrome without extensions

It was a really annoying problem I havent used chrome much since...
I wonder whether its still happening in the latest versions of chrome....

Regards
--
James Earnest Pinto
Director/CEO