[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Nov 17 22:16:07 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 23:26 +0100, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
> I think the best thing Mozilla foundation can do, regarding the
> software is to stop developing it and just maintain it. But this will
> never happen because all those programmers, social experts, managers
> and what not have to eat something. An impasse of sorts.

Not only that - they'd be foolish to do that, because the standards
continue to evolve. There's a lot of cool stuff in HTML5 that's
currently supported *only* by Chrome (a lot of the input constraint
stuff, for example). If they stopped developing Firefox, they'd very
quickly cease to be relevant...

Simon.