[blfs-support] Problems installing libdrm and mesa in /usr

Ragnar Thomsen rthomsen6 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:30:54 PST 2012

I tried installing libdrm and mesa in /usr as BLFS does it now. However, I run
into a problem. Libdrm installs without problems, but when building mesa I get
the following error:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/sources/xc/Mesa-9.0.1/src/gallium/auxiliary/pipe-loader'
  CC       pipe_loader_drm.lo
pipe_loader_drm.c:40:22: fatal error: xcb/dri2.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I checked that the dri2.h file is installed in /usr/X11/include/xcb and the
right paths are set in the xcb-dri2.pc file.

Any ideas?

-Ragnar-