[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 15 04:05:07 PST 2012

On Thursday 15 November 2012 07:21:05 Simon Geard wrote:
> And yet us LFS people seem to manage. It's fiddly, certainly, but it's a
> complex area. Do you think you could design a better system?

I beleive my post was about  configuring grub2.
The files in /etc/grub.d  makes certian impositions  including name of kernel
etc and  it seems imposible to manually generate a configuration file.
This has changed since grub-1.98.  And I too have been using lfs/clfs for the
last decade.  I have  tried lilo (  only one workable on pure  amd64-bit
builds until recently) grub-0.9x, isolinux, redboot (superH) et al.

Please read carefully before you start attacking people and by extension
implying their abilities are inferior. This is also a form of attempted-
bullying,

AND to answer your question;  YES  I am sure with sufficient time and support
I could design a better one but I aint interested.  Computers are tools for me
not ends in themselves.

kindest regards
luxInteg