[blfs-support] xorg.conf.d file serials

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 15 02:52:48 PST 2012

Greetings

My machine has these
CPU amd64,
VGA ATI-radeon
linux clfs/

My default xorg7.7 setup has these files  in
$XORG_PREFIX/share/X11/xorg.conf:-

10-evdev.conf
50-synaptics.conf and
50-wacom.conf

I want to be able to :-
--set a British keyboard,
--use  a trackball/ps2-mouse/usb-mouse,
--use the configuration on another machine with nouveau/
nvidia VGA,
--set different monitor resolutions.
--use multiple monitors when I so wish

So I have prepared the following files:-
:-
XX-Keyboard.conf
XY-Monitor.conf
YY-mouse.conf
XZ-serverLayout.conf
yZ-screen.conf

but I dont know  what numbers to assign  for the  XX  .. YZ above .   I tried
so far :-
30-Keyboard.conf
40-Monitor.conf
50-mouse.conf
60-serverLayout.conf
70-screen.conf
and in /etc/x11/xorg.conf.d  made X refused to start. X  only seems to want to
start with defaults  ( i.e. no discernable xorg.conf file and no ability to
set monitor resolutions,  enable use of multiple monitors  etc).

Advice would be appreciated.

sincerely

luxInteg