[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:18:41 PST 2012

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 01:40:06 +0000
>"lux-integ" <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> But Consider bsd-style bootscripts in an elegant scripting language
> like python ?

Ewww... python during bootstrap?

It is a well-known and widely accepted fact that every solution will
have at least 10% of people reeling back in horror. And python during
bootstrap is the option for which I am definitely in that 10%.

> with all the bullying surrounding systemd  I would not be at all
> surprised if soon a group  emerges with such.

It's a safe bet. It may even be a good solution. But not for me! :)

--
   Fourth law of programming:
   Anything that can go wrong wi