[blfs-support] empathy add online accounts appears disabled

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Wed Nov 14 07:07:13 PST 2012

On 11/14/2012 04:24 AM, James Pinto wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I open Empathy (3.4.2.3)
> and try to add an online account the add and remove buttons are disabled
> I have added the .xsession-errors at the pastebn link below.
> http://pastebin.com/GpvtiRQB
>
> Regards
> --
> James Earnest Pinto
> Director/CEO
> *Phoenix Fusion*
> www.phoenixfusion.in

You can see on Empathy page that there are several links to Telepathy
packages not in the book. Those packages add "protocol support" to
Telepathy.

I install telepathy-haze. It provides me with most protocols available
up to date, but it needs Pidgin (the libpurple from Pidgin). Depending
on which deps you used with Pidgin, you ger more protocols in Telepathy.

Use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/telepathy
--disable-static

To build any of the Telepathy packages listed there. I wouldn't
recommend installing any other packages than -haze, -gabble or -salut.
They don't seem to be maintained that much.