[blfs-support] Webcam not working with cheese due t gstreamer error

James Pinto james.pinto at phoenixfusion.in
Tue Nov 13 17:47:05 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:

> On 11/13/2012 05:11 PM, James Pinto wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I rebuilt gstreamer bad plugins 0.10 and also good and ugly
> > I now get the files /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin2.so and
> > /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so
> >
> > But now I get the error:-
> > One or more needed GStreamer elements are missing: One or more needed
> > GStreamer elements are missing: vp8enc.
>
> Was libvpx present when you built gst bad plugins? vp8enc is part of
> gst-bad-plugins but it needs libvpx to be present.
>
> --

Hi

I already had libvpx when I installed gst bad plugins, anyway I did it
again I reinstallled libvpx and then reinstalled gst bad plugins (I still
havethe same error when I runn cheese) and now when I run make check I
notice 3 errors I have copied the vp8enc part here at pastebin
http://pastebin.com/kg1RNFug . Also one thing I need to mention is that
after installing libvpx i noticed there were 2-3 entries that said noting
to install also when I checked the path /usr/include/vpx I dint find libvpx.so
at the location I even checked for hidden files
Contents:-
 *Installed Programs:* vp8_scalable_patterns, vpxdec and vpxenc
 *Installed Libraries:* libvpx.so
 *Installed Directories:* /usr/include/vpx

Im usinng libvpx-v1.1.0 and gst bad plugins 0.10.23.

I found libvpx.so at the path /usr/lib/

I have the following files at /usr/include/vpx
root [ /usr/include/vpx ]# ls
vp8cx.h  vp8.h        vpx_codec_impl_bottom.h  vpx_decoder.h  vpx_image.h
vp8dx.h  vpx_codec.h  vpx_codec_impl_top.h     vpx_encoder.h  vpx_integer.h

Hey I noticed that the webcam light turns on during the gst bad plugins
make check, I guess I may be getting close to make this work...:-)

Pleas help I thnk Im almost there.

Regards
--
James Earnest Pinto