[blfs-support] Webcam not working with cheese due t gstreamer error

James Pinto james.pinto at phoenixfusion.in
Tue Nov 13 08:11:55 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:

> On 11/13/2012 03:00 PM, James Pinto wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have enabled gspca_main and CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y in kernel.
> >
> > When I run cheese I get the error as below:-
> >
> > one of more needed gstreamer elements are missing: camerabin
> >
> > I have already installed gstreamer and gstplugins base goob bad and ugly.
> >
> > Music vlc mplayer etc is also workingfine...
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > James Earnest Pinto
> > Director/CEO
> > *Phoenix Fusion*
> > www.phoenixfusion.in
> >

> Check if the following files exist on your system:
>
> $ ls /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin* | sort
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin2.so
> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so
>
> If not, try rebuilding gstreamer bad plugins 0.10. If that fails, post
> configure output of gstreamer bad plugins 0.10 in some pastebin or in an
> attachment.
>
> --

Hi

I rebuilt gstreamer bad plugins 0.10 and also good and ugly
I now get the files /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin2.so and
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so

But now I get the error:-
One or more needed GStreamer elements are missing: One or more needed
GStreamer elements are missing: vp8enc.

Regards
--
James Earnest Pinto