[blfs-support] Webcam not working with cheese due t gstreamer error

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Tue Nov 13 06:12:49 PST 2012

On 11/13/2012 03:00 PM, James Pinto wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have enabled gspca_main and CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y in kernel.
>
> When I run cheese I get the error as below:-
>
> one of more needed gstreamer elements are missing: camerabin
>
> I have already installed gstreamer and gstplugins base goob bad and ugly.
>
> Music vlc mplayer etc is also workingfine...
>
> Regards
> --
> James Earnest Pinto
> Director/CEO
> *Phoenix Fusion*
> www.phoenixfusion.in

Check if the following files exist on your system:

$ ls /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin* | sort
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin2.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamerabin.so

If not, try rebuilding gstreamer bad plugins 0.10. If that fails, post
configure output of gstreamer bad plugins 0.10 in some pastebin or in an
attachment.