[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 12 02:24:13 PST 2012

Again, reformatting lines.

--- Em sex, 9/11/12, Ken Moffat escreveu:

> De: Ken Moffat
> Assunto: Re: [blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world
> Para: "BLFS Support List"
> Data: Sexta-feira, 9 de Novembro de 2012, 20:51
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 03:19:03PM
> -0800, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> >
> > I have got a tablet just for mail and for monitoring
> the PC's work when I
> > am in bed watching TV. It is useful, but more than
> that, it is hateful.
> > Anything more elaborated, such as copy/paste or even
> selecting text, is
> > terrible to do, the characters are microscopic (I
> always remember Ken,
> > when my eyes get tired). I have lost many battles
> trying to do these
> > things.
> >
>  Lol.  On my netbook I use my 12x22 font in a tty to
> read mail on my
> server -  gmail is a _struggle_, the screen is too
> small, I can't
> imagine using a tablet for it : on my phone, I get incoming
> gmail,
> but only whatever falls into my inbox, and replies
> apparently go out
> as html - having said that, I can pull things out one the
> phone with
> a gesture (spread thumb and forefinger), doesn't that work
> on your
> tablet ?

Never thought using a tty. It is a good idea.

Yes, I do have gestures, but not for copy/paste, AFAIK.

For reading gmail with FF, I can zoom in with gesture, but is not very
responsive and text is not reformated. Logging in, always presents a
message that a script is taking too long to complete.

Opera is faster, used to allow me to zoom in with gesture and even
reformated the lines, but not anymore, perhaps I have messed some
configuration.

[]s,
Fernando