[blfs-support] Latest news in GNOME world

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 9 15:51:16 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 03:19:03PM -0800, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> I have got a tablet just for mail and for monitoring the PC's work when I
> am in bed watching TV. It is useful, but more than that, it is hateful.
> Anything more elaborated, such as copy/paste or even selecting text, is
> terrible to do, the characters are microscopic (I always remember Ken,
> when my eyes get tired). I have lost many battles trying to do these
> things.

 Lol.  On my netbook I use my 12x22 font in a tty to read mail on my
server -  gmail is a _struggle_, the screen is too small, I can't
imagine using a tablet for it : on my phone, I get incoming gmail,
but only whatever falls into my inbox, and replies apparently go out
as html - having said that, I can pull things out one the phone with
a gesture (spread thumb and forefinger), doesn't that work on your
tablet ?

Ken [ in case your eyes are getting tired :) ]