[blfs-support] xorg7.7 openbox xinitrc

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 8 14:34:42 PST 2012

Greetings,

I have installed xorg-7.7 and openbox-3.5.0.
startx  runs ok (Xwindows with twm)   but attempts to run xinitrc is proving
problemtic.

 I have the executible file $XORG_PREFIX/bin/xinit but no shell-script
$XORG_PREFIX/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc.

I  tried  a line like this in a created /root/.xinitrc:-
exec dbus-launch  --exit-with-session  openbox-session

It did not work (X would not start)  in fact the mere existance of the file
(root/.xinitrc  ) even an empty file   seemed to stop X starting.

I tried on the command line
exec dbus-launch  --exit-with-session  openbox-session

and   system returns to login prompt.

Help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
lux-integ