[blfs-support] black screen and cursor after installing gdm in blfs

James Pinto james.pinto at phoenixfusion.in
Mon Nov 5 21:03:16 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Armin K. <krejzi at email.com> wrote:

> On 11/05/2012 03:26 AM, James Pinto wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Heres the link to the .xsession-errors file:-
> http://pastebin.com/1T2VUSsA
> > and also heres the link to the gdm log file:-
> http://pastebin.com/rHi8N2KF
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > James Earnest Pinto
> > Director/CEO
> > *Phoenix Fusion*
> > www.phoenixfusion.in
>
> I asked for gdm log*s*, not log that is also Xorg.log. /var/log/gdm
> should contain dozen of them. From what I see, DRI is available but
> still not found. Post output of "groups" command ran as normal user.
>
> I noticed that .xsession-errors looks nearly the same (ssh-agent error,
> gtk-engines error, networkmanager error), but at least caribou error is
> gone.
> --

Hi

I have attached the gdm logs. And heres the mediafire link to them also:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?e5ls3r420obnhf6,ja8trab1o7rxc9c

Also heres the  output of the groups command from a *normal user*:-
#  groups
james video
 As root I get the the word 'root' as ouput for the command groups.

I have also installed openssh and gtk-engines

I tried startx after logging into the normal user '*james*' but I only the
the 4 xterm windows instead of going into gnome 3.

Also the output of glxinfo as a *normal user* says Error:unable to open
graphics.

But as *root *the output of glxinfo is :-
http://pastebin.com/94kA84ey

Regards
--
James Earnest Pinto