[blfs-support] black screen and cursor after installing gdm in blfs

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sun Nov 4 23:17:18 PST 2012

On 11/05/2012 03:26 AM, James Pinto wrote:
> Hi
>
> Heres the link to the .xsession-errors file:- http://pastebin.com/1T2VUSsA
> and also heres the link to the gdm log file:- http://pastebin.com/rHi8N2KF
>
> Regards
> --
> James Earnest Pinto
> Director/CEO
> *Phoenix Fusion*
> www.phoenixfusion.in

I asked for gdm log*s*, not log that is also Xorg.log. /var/log/gdm
should contain dozen of them. From what I see, DRI is available but
still not found. Post output of "groups" command ran as normal user.

I noticed that .xsession-errors looks nearly the same (ssh-agent error,
gtk-engines error, networkmanager error), but at least caribou error is
gone.