[blfs-support] fatal error: goo/gmem.h: No such file or directory; but file does exist!!; cups-filters

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 03:58:20 PST 2012

First, I thank you all for your book and the work that has been done on
it. That's a lot of work.

  I am actually using Mandriva 2011, but wanted to upgrade CUPS to 1.6.1
so used your book to help me. I built 1.6.1 and then tried to build
cups-filters. I did not have poppler > 0.20 so downloaded it and built
it. I then tried to make cups-filters.

The first error I got was that pkg-config said I did not have poppler >=
0.18 and so I entered the path into POPPLER_LIBS and POPPLER_CFLAGS. I
also had to do that for LIBQPDF which I did.

But when I ran make from the cups-filters directory I got the message:
fatal error: goo/gmem.h: No such file or directory; but file does exist!!

I did a locate on my system and it showed that the files exist:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmem.h
/usr/include/poppler/goo/gmem.h
/usr/include/xpdf/goo/gmem.h

I then entered /usr/include/poppler into my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and still
got the error after doing a make clean and rerunning ./configure and
then make.

I am hoping I might get guidance from you. I can find nothing on the web
that helps and no answers from other fora or from CUPS

Thank you in advance.
--
Leon