[blfs-support] System Still Will Not Mount Non-LFS Disks

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Fri Nov 2 13:06:53 PDT 2012

> Trying to mount /mnt/fedora
> #############
> root [ ~ ]# mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/fedora
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'
> root [ ~ ]# mount -t ext4 /dev/sda2 /mnt/fedora
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext4'

{...}

> lvmdump.log:    Finding volume group "vg_alan-fedora"
> lvs:  lv_home vg_alan-fedora -wi------ 468.75g
>                    /dev/sda2(0)
> lvs:  lv_root vg_alan-fedora -wi------ 50.00g
>                   /dev/sda2(15167)
> lvs:  lv_swap vg_alan-fedora -wi------ 5.22g
>                  /dev/sda2(15000)

you've installed lvm. fine.
now you should configure it!

your sda2 is NOT ext{any}, it's a logical volume thus LVM must be
configured to your needs. i don't use fedora thus i can't help with
details.

about your debian disk:

hava a look at my mail dated 10/31. i assume your debian partition
requires attr and/or acl. have a look at the blfs pages about attr and acl.

boot into fedora / debian and examine how the partitions are mounted and
 then try to rebuild the procedure in lfs. maybe pmagic or
systemrescuecd can help to find the require mount options.

tobias