[blfs-support] black screen and cursor after installing gdm in blfs

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Thu Nov 1 11:43:37 PDT 2012

On 11/01/2012 05:38 PM, James Pinto wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have got the output of the files/commands that you mentioned.
>
>   cat /etc/xdg/autostart/caribou-autostart.desktop
> /dev/sda7 / ext3 rw 0 0
> proc /proc proc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
> sysfs /sys sysfs rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0

That looks wrong. How that got there? Please reinstall "Caribou"
package. Also, is there any chance that you've mixed 3.4 and 3.6 components?

>   /usr/lib/gnome-session/
> james [ /sources/err ]$ echo $?
> 1
> james [ /sources/err ]$
> /usr/lib/gnome-session/gnome-session-check-accelerated-helper
> james [ /sources/err ]$ echo $?
> 0

I am not sure why you get that. It should run basic opengl checks and
direct rendering is available on your card as I've seen on Xorg.0.log

Can you post again files from /var/log/gdm and ~/.xsession-errors