[blfs-support] Read ntfs file system

spiky martynvidler at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 13:32:13 PST 2012

On 27/02/12 16:58, spiky wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have stared another Blfs 7.0 build and I,m having trouble with NTFS
> file system, I have built the 3.3 kernel marking all ntfs boxes. The
> build for blfs doesn't have anything installed except ssl, ssh a few
> graphics libraries. What  do I need to add to be able to read ntfs, My
> other blfs system reads ntfs but I have installed alot of other
> software, so maybe it was something that I had already installed, my
> other blfs uses 3.2 kernel FYI
>
> Thks.
Hi

I have built the 3.2 kernel on my latest blfs (3.3 kernel previous)
still no luck with ntfs,
I then copied the config-3.2 file from other blfs (working ntfs) still
not able to mount ntfs file system.

The 1st time I tried to mount ntfs with the copied config file, it
reported "will check /etc/filesystem  or /proc/filesystem".

    When I checked /proc on latest blfs it had files and folders in, all
my other blfs builds /proc is empty??
    Should /proc be empty

If I install ntfs-3g do i build the kernel, dos etc as a module?