[blfs-support] gnome-3 is in the book

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 29 07:38:57 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 07:35:02AM +0100, Olaf Grüttner wrote:
> If you are building any of gnome-3, please remember that the packages
> are listed in alphabetical order within the various sections. You *will*
> need to work out which 'utilities' you want to build, and then work back
> to find a correct order for all their dependencies. Hope some of you
> enjoy soem of these apps. ĸen
> Would it not be better to list them in dependency order ?
>
> Olaf

 We've traditionally separated the various parts of gnome (and
anyway, many dependencies are not in the gnome sections of the
book).

 If you have a build order which is guaranteed to work, both for
people who build everything with all possible dependencies, and for
those who build much less, feel free to share it.

ĸen