[blfs-support] gnome-3 progress report

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 18 00:24:36 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 00:00 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  People might wonder what the point of gnome-3 is.  It seems to be
> targetted at tablet or netbook users, who I guess are not typically
> BLFS users.

On the contrary - it's awful on small screens, though more due to the
overly-padded default gtk3 theme than to the desktop itself. It's
awesome on a big screen though... I've not yet managed to get it working
on LFS (been somewhat distracted), but I'm very happy with how it works
on current Fedora...

Simon.