[blfs-support] Libassuan 2.0.2 and pth

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Thu Feb 16 12:36:04 PST 2012

Looking at the book for Libassuan-2.0.2:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/general/libassuan.html

I note that it states that libassuan.a and libassuan-pth.a
are installed. However, is this really still true?

./configure --help

for Libassuan-2.0.2 says:

  --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=no]
  --enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]

which means it now builds only shared by default.

Building it with

./configure --prefix=/usr

on my system results in the installation of:

libassuan.la
libassuan.so -> libassuan.so.0.2.0
libassuan.so.0 -> libassuan.so.0.2.0
libassuan.so.0.2.0

Using

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-static --enable-shared

results in the additional static lib file:

libassuan.a

but still no libassuan-pth.a and I do have pth-2.0.7 installed.

I don't seem to see any mention of pth in the configure output.

Now, trying out Libassuan-2.0.3, I get:

libassuan.a
libassuan.la
libassuan.so -> libassuan.so.0.3.0
libassuan.so.0 -> libassuan.so.0.3.0
libassuan.so.0.3.0

But neither 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 seems to look for Pth.

Does the BLS book need updating here?

  Cheers and thanks in advance,

  Mike Shell