[blfs-support] fedora desktop creation

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 16 04:27:57 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 05:00:02PM +0530, Mehak Salhotra wrote:
> Thanks Andy..
>
> but can anyone point out the basic differences between fedora and debian distributions, if we need to create their desktop wnvironment from the scratch??
!sdrawkcab s'ti ,tsop pot t'noD

 Why do you think we know, or care, about either of those distros ?
This list is for people building from source, based on LFS.

 FWIW, fedora is for people who want to get the new things first -
even if they are broken.  Debian is all things to all people, but
with a tendency to use old versions (e.g. they still use mawk
instead of gawk), coupled with support for more architectures than
anyone else [even non-linux kernels :-( ] and a strong interest in
the licensing of what they include.  Here, we make our own
decisions.

ĸen