[blfs-support] no keyboard or mouse in Xorg

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:55:27 PST 2012

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:23:59 +0100
Thomas de Roo <thomas at de-roo.org> wrote:

> I did build Xorg in /usr/X11. That shouldn't be a problem, right? I'm not sure what went wrong, but I found a workaround: I moved all the options in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/* to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, leaving /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d empty. Now X works, don't ask me why, though...

Well done for getting it working. Sorry I didn't offer any helpful
suggestions but I had no clue what the problem was. However, the way
you fixed it suggests that there was a problem with
the /usr/X11/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf file. Perhaps it was
some unprintable character that doesn't show up in a text editor? Or
maybe something to do with locale or language settings?
Thanks for posting how you fixed the problem.

Andy