[blfs-support] How to build a mini&useful LAMP with SSH server

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:00:41 PST 2012

� wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> After I finished the LFS building,I hope to build  a mini&useful LAMP
> with SSH server. So this time I start to build the system after
> building the toolchain. And  I think these packages are in need:GRUB,
> Kernel, Glibc, Bash, IPRoute2, Apache2, PHP,  OpenSSH,
> OpenSSL,MySQL,CMake,cURL,libarchive,expat.
>
> But I'm not sure If I was right,could you give me some suggestion?

I've built systems for LAMP many times.  I do not suggest cutting short
LFS.  For BLFS, I'd suggest starting with, in order,

The Bash Shell Startup Files
The /etc/vimrc and ~/.vimrc Files
Random Number Generation

openssl
sudo
wget
which
openssh
ntp
rsync
apache
vsftpd
curl
mysql
php
glib
pkg-config
postfix
traceroute
whois
mailx
fcron
pciutils
hdparm
net-tools

Some of these may have prerequisites that I didn't mention, but that
should get you off to a good start.

   -- Bruce