[blfs-support] Questions on (b)lfs-bootscripts-20120127

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 03:29:11 PST 2012

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 19:00:34 -0600
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> alupu at verizon.net wrote:
> >  4. How is the 'setclock' script run on "stop" (reboot, poweroff, etc.)?
> >
> > There used to be a 'K46setclock' in 'rc6.d' (i.e. level 6):
> >
> > "Setting hardware clock..."
> >  hwclock --systohc ...
>
> Yes, I remember that.  It should have been in an old version of the LFS
> Makefile for the boot scripts, but I went back 8 years and couldn't find it.

I seem to remember that the shutdown symlinks weren't made and the
setclock script wasn't run at shutdown unless you installed the ntp
daemon from BLFS.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/ntp.html

Execute the following command if you would like to set the hardware clock to the current system time at shutdown and reboot:

ln -v -sf ../init.d/setclock /etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K46setclock &&
ln -v -sf ../init.d/setclock /etc/rc.d/rc6.d/K46setclock

Andy