[blfs-support] make shadow fails after installation of Linux-PAM

Ronnie van Aarle ronnie.van.aarle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:38:09 PST 2012

$ cat /usr/lib/libpam_misc.la

# libpam_misc.ls - a libtool library file
# generated by ltmail.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libpam_misc.so.0'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''

# Linker flags that can not go in dependency_libs
inherited_linker_flags=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' /usr/lib64/libpam.la -ldl'

# Names of additional weak libraries provided by this library
weak_library_names=''

# Version information for libpam_misc.
current=82
age=82
revision=0

# Is this an allready installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=no

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/lib64'

EOF

Now I look at this I suppose the last line should be

libdir='/usr/lib64'

libpam_misc.la has been moved from /lib to /usr/lib, because of the book
instructions on Linux-PAM-1.1.5

mv -v /lib/libpam{,c,_misc}.la /usr/lib &&
sed -i 's| /lib| /usr/lib|' /usr/lib/libpam_misc.la

And I guess everything would have been allright if the path assigned to
libdir was prefixed with a leading whitespace.

Am I right on this?