[blfs-support] Linux-PAM-1.1.5 fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or directory

Ronnie van Aarle ronnie.van.aarle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:41:07 PST 2012

Hello John,

I have found another solution. Suddenly I remembered that the lfs 7.0
errata told that Glibc does not install RPC or NIS headers, that are
required by some blfs packages, mainly nfs.

For using these headers some copies from glibc's source directory to
/usr/include/rpc and /usr/include/sunrpc were required if this
functionality was required.

I decided to skip that because I was not planning on using NFS or NIS.

Instead of that, I added --disable-nis to ./configure which worked fine for
me.

But thanks anyway.