[blfs-support] Linux-PAM-1.1.5 fatal error: rpc/rpc.h: No such file or directory

Ronnie van Aarle ronnie.van.aarle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:33:19 PST 2012

Hello Everybody,

I'm working on the blfs security packages, and I am now attempting to
install Linux-PAM-1.1.5

make exits with Error 2 due to the fact there is no rpc/rpc.h header
available.

I don't know what I should do now. I suppose getting those headers that are
required, but I don't know where to get them and how to install them
without breaking my blfs build or deviating from LSB standards.

I have just installed CrackLib, so in this particular phase reinstalation
of shadow is also required. I am not sure what will happen if I reboot the
system without doing this. Also I am not sure if I can skip forward to
install shadow, find a solution for this PAM problem and reinstall shadow
again after solving that.

Thanks in advance, Ronnie van Aarle.