[blfs-support] libxcb 1.0 bug with dependencies xcb-proto

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:42:00 PST 2012

On 1 February 2012 10:05, Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 09:26 +0000, Firerat wrote:
>> On 1 February 2012 08:54, Dmitry Blum <DezmonT at gmx.com> wrote:
>> > X86
>> > LFS 6.8
>> > BLFS 6.3
>> > X`s prefix - /usr
>> /usr?
>> or /usr/X11 ?
>>
>> you are better off having X in its own subdir and not 'mixed in' with
>> the rest of /usr
>
> Why do you say that? Unless it's part of your package management
> strategy, putting everything in /usr is the least painful approach,
> avoiding the usual problems with $PATH, $PKG_CONFIG_PATH, etc.

I guess I'm just old fashioned,
X is X, kde is kde, gnome is gnome
IMO they are all large enough projects to warrant their own subdir,
making for simple backup/trial switch
So, I guess it is package management, or rather an extension to the
pkguser strategy I use

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.