[blfs-support] libxcb 1.0 bug with dependencies xcb-proto

Dmitry Blum DezmonT at gmx.com
Wed Feb 1 02:14:13 PST 2012

Pkg-config was installed and pre-installed after LFS.
 After was preinstalled xorg-headers and -utils,
 then xcb-proto and libxcb . The last is "continues to want" xcb-proto. (
 Now i exported PKG_CONFIG_PATH and preinstalled xcb-proto & libxcb . Nothing has changed
 Maybe something i did wrong?
 It`s exhaust (copy&paste from term)

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
 checking for xsltproc... /usr/bin/xsltproc
 checking for XCBPROTO... configure: error: Package requirements (xcb-proto >= 1.0) were not met:

 No package 'xcb-proto' found

 Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XCBPROTO_CFLAGS
 and XCBPROTO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.