[blfs-support] libxcb 1.0 bug with dependencies xcb-proto

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 01:26:46 PST 2012

On 1 February 2012 08:54, Dmitry Blum <DezmonT at gmx.com> wrote:
> X86
> LFS 6.8
> BLFS 6.3
> X`s prefix - /usr
/usr?
or /usr/X11 ?

you are better off having X in its own subdir and not 'mixed in' with
the rest of /usr

> I installed xcb-proto, but libxcb all the same print "No package 'xcb-proto'
> found"

I assume that the " ./configure " stage is failing
the ./configure script is calling pkg-config

do you have pkg-config installed?

    pkg-config

you should see  this :
    # pkg-config
    # Must specify package names on the command line
if not then you need to install pkg-config ( see section 12 )

if it is , then you need to make sure it is configured with the correct paths,

first lets find where xcb-proto.pc lives , assuming x's prefix *starts* /usr
    find /usr/ -name "xcb-proto.pc"
example output:
# /usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig/xcb-proto.pc

now take a peak at PKG_CONFIG_PATH

    echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH

if that does not contain the PATH noted with the find command above,
we shall tag it on the end

    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig

but that should have been setup in section Introduction to Xorg-<version>

and , yeah, pkg-config should probably be listed as a dependency some
place 'early' , maybe Xorg Protocol Headers?

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.