zlib-1.2.5 => firefox crash

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:28:47 PDT 2010

Hello world
I've been using zlib-1.2.5 for a few days and something I've noticed is
that Firefox has become quite crashy (particularly when I try to
download something). Thunderbird has also become crashy, there are some
emails which cause it to crash as soon as I try to view them. Both
Firefox and Thunderbird were compiled with --enable-system-zlib so to
see if it was due to the new zlib I recompiled everything (with
zlib-1.2.4) and they haven't crashed since. Has anyone else had any
problems with zlib-1.2.5?

Andy