Blfs X-Window (lfs scratch 6.3)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:45:50 PDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 20:16, David Expósito <david.sas69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I wonder if anyone has compiled lfs-scratch 6.3, the X-window environment
> Section 23 of BLFS. X Window System Environment
> <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/6.3/x/installing.html>
> The xorg-server-1.2.0 in the make I get an error:

[...]
> /usr/lib/libXfont.so: undefined reference to `ft_isdigit'

 I refer you first to linux fan's reply to your original post on lfs-support
suggesting how you can correct your build of libXfont.

 More generally, at the moment the first three matches for
http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&safe=off&q=blfs+xorg-server+ft_isdigit&btnG=Search
are the history of this issue.

 Reading through those threads, it is clear that you have failed to
apply the patch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/6.3/libXfont-1.2.8-pcf_parser-1.patch
when building the xorg libraries.

ĸen