Experiencing lots of build problems

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 13:40:57 PST 2010

In file included from activate.c:27:
/usr/include/string.h:546: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '__locale_t'
/usr/include/string.h:547: error: nonnull argument with out-of-range operand number (argument 1, operand 3)
/usr/include/string.h:550: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '__locale_t'
/usr/include/string.h:551: error: nonnull argument with out-of-range operand number (argument 1, operand 4)
make[1]: *** [activate.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/final-sources-lfs-6.6/blfs/net-tools-1.60/lib'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

This is typical of what will not build. I am trying to build net-tools-1.60 . This  is similar to a problem I ran into yesterday. When a build wants to include /usr/include/string.h it seems to blow up. I went through the entire process of LFS and with the exception of USB, eventually got everything to work. string.h has a date od Februart 5th, so I don't think I clobbered it. I applied the three patches to net-tools, but it fails on this make. I am trying to get ifconfig. Has anyone else ran into this problem?