mp3 and flv players for stdin ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:59:26 PST 2010

On 22 February 2010 20:32, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 22 February 2010 15:50, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried recording the programme and then playing the file?

 Hmm, varying results.  For audio, when it can find a stream, I get a
fair-quality mp3 (if that phrase isn't an oxymoron!), and then I can
play that in audacious2.

 For video, it's a little more complex - the initial download is
typically 2MB.  File is .mov but filename is .part.  If I copy
to ffplay while recording, it stops after a minute or two.

If I 'record' it, the first part completes, then suddenly I've
got a very large number of MB to download, and my
connection is only 125KB.  First attempt created a file that
seemed to be broken (xine reported too many dropped
frames), retrying on something else at the moment.

OK, that one seems to be ok, plays in ffplay, totem, xine.
Thanks.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"