mp3 and flv players for stdin ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:32:17 PST 2010

On 22 February 2010 15:50, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried recording the programme and then playing the file? I don't have many .flv
> videos to hand, but the few I do have xine plays. I have a digital TV card so I've not
> needed to use get_iplayer before. I've just installed get_iplayer to see if I can help. I
> had a quick play with it and for me it seems to be saving the files as a .mov by default.
> Why's it saving them as .flv for you and .mov for me? Maybe it's because I don't have
> Mplayer installed?
>
> Sorry I can't help
>
> Andy
> --
 Actually, I'm trying to just play it without recording (seemed a simpler
thing to do, I'm getting a bit tight for media/backup space - they use
the same disk).  I was going by what the documentation said for flv,
plus the need to install flvstreamer (?) to gain access to some of the
files.  Will try 'recording' later.

 I don't have Mplayer either!

 Thanks for the suggestion.

ĸen